Thursday, March 3, 2011

haunted


Warning: Halfway Down the Stairs is haunted. In our new March issue, you will find ghosts of many kinds - both kindly and menacing - and in a number of forms. You may even find hauntings of the mind, a slightly more abstract form.

I love this issue and am so glad we chose such a fun theme. There's plenty of beautiful poetry, as always - and as a fiction editor I am very happy with the selection of stories we have on offer this time. I particularly like Ken Teutsch's "The Storm on Promise Land Road" and Eliza Granville's "The Villa on Tumatawarea Street", but voted yes enthusiastically for all of them, really.

My contribution this time has been a review of Roma Tearne's The Swimmer, which I reviewed a few weeks ago on here. The earthquake has prevented me from finishing my review of Sue Orr's From Under the Overcoat, but I intend to be a little bit naughty and add it to the site in a couple of weeks, if the other editors do not object, because I loved this new collection of short stories, and really want to review it on HDtS before June.

If you are so inclined, we are looking for a new poetry editor. Details here on how to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment